Rated 4.56 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 Tbls oil
- 1 cup ketchup manis
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and halved
- 1 x ginger - 3cm piece peeled and quartered
- 1 x cinnamon stick - halved
- 2 x star anise
- 1/2 tspn chinese five spice powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Place chicken wings into a baking dish and cover with the oil and ketchup manis.
3. Place all the other ingredients over the chicken and then mix all together until the chicken is evenly coated.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes turning once until browned.
5. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 140 degrees celcius.
6. Cover the baking tray firmly with foil and return to the oven for a further 90 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and take the chicken wings out onto a serving plate being careful as they will be quite tender.
8. Serve on a bed of rice with salad using some of the left over sauce in the baking dish to finish off.
Leave a Review
The best chicken wings I have ever eaten. Thanks
You are really flying with this one Darren!
Just bought 5kg of chicken wings – going to cook these at the weekend (to share obviously!)…