Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 cups rolled oats - organic preferably
- 1 cup cloudy apple juice - juice yourself or make sure the juice is not from reconstituted apple juice
- 1 x nashi pear
- 16 x dates - dried and pitted
- 1/3 cup cashews or pistachios unsalted (optional)
- 1 punnet fresh berries - whatever your favourite is (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or a mix)
- 500 ml greek style yoghurt - lactose free & home-made - to serve http://recipegeek.com.au/blog/2012/09/08/lactose-free-homemade-greek-style-yoghurt/
*Original recipe with blog entry http://recipegeek.com.au/blog/2013/04/20/date-and-nashi-bircher-muesli/ *
1. This is done the night before after dinner. Mixture needs overnight to soak up the juice.
2. Place rolled oats in a bowl.
3. Grate the nashi to the core, leaving the skin on, into the oats.
4. Using scissors, cut the dates lengthways into halves and then gather these lengths and cut widthways four times. This gives you 8 little pieces for each date. Add to the oats mix.
5. Add apple juice and mix thoroughly. Cover & place in the refrigerator.
6. Before you go to bed, give the mix a quick stir.
7. In the morning, place a quantity in a bowl, add a dollop of Greek style yoghurt, some berries and drizzle with honey.