Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 tspn cocoa
- 400 g dark cooking chocolate
- 250 g magarine
- 600 g walnuts
- 1 Tbls grand marnier
- 1 Tbls vanilla essence
- 240 g french toast (wheat rusks)
1. In a food processor – process french toast to a fine crumb and empty into a large bowl.
2. Do the same step but this time with the 600g walnuts and put into the same bowl – reserve 100g to the side.
3. Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix with your hand till the mixture is well combined.
4. Using a cookie cutter you can make different shapes. Try to get a handful of the mixture, roll into a ball then flatten slightly and place on a board where you can then shape them. Alternatively, you can make small balls.
5. Place in a freezer for about 1 hour to chill.
6. Place cooking chocolate in a little pot and use another pot with some hot water as the base. When chocolate is melted, remove from heat.
7. Get the walnut truffles from the freezer and start to individually dip them into the melted chocolate, I like to use a fork to pick up the balls.
8. Place them on a sheet of baking paper and them sprinkle with the reserve ground walnuts. Allow to dry slightly before tidying the bases up from the chocolate.
9. For best taste results, place in fridge overnight.
10. Individually wrap them and give as little gifts to love ones or in a box or platter when guests arrive.