Rated 4.94 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 12 x green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 565 ml coconut milk
- 1 x coriander (cilantro) root, washed and scraped
- 1 Tbls lemongrass, fimely chopped
- 1 tspn sambal oelek (fresh ground chilli)
- 1 x long red chilli, cut in half
- 3 x cm. piece galangal, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 4 x kaffir lime leaves, rubbed
- 1 tspn fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 Tbls fried shallots, for garnish
1. Place coconut milk, coriander root, lemongrass, sambal oelek, chilli, galangal, fish sauce and lime leaves in a medium saucepan on low heat. Bring to a low simmer and infuse for 4-5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally. Add prawns and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.
2. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with lime juice. Add more fish sauce if desired. Garnish with coriander leaves and fried shallots. Serve immediately
This dish was so delicious. I ate this in Thailand while we were on holidays.
Leave a Review
This soup was really goood! Another great winter warmer!
I cooked this for my partner and he loved it! He said it reminded him of Thailand. Thanks, sis!
Your recipes are superior! Thanks for sharing! sw☺
What a wonderful recipe! The flavor is out of this world!