Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour (cupcake)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (cupcake)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (cupcake)
- 2 cups sugar (cupcake)
- 4 x large eggs, at room temperature (cupcake)
- 1 cup milk (cupcake)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract (cupcake)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (magnolia bakery vanilla buttercream)
- 4 cups icing sugar mixture (magnolia bakery vanilla buttercream)
- 3 Tbls milk (magnolia bakery vanilla buttercream)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract (magnolia bakery vanilla buttercream)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but don’t over beat.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Buttercream:
Add a couple of drops of the food colouring you want to achieve a pastel colour. Or add 2 cups of cocoa to achieve a chocolate frosting and reduce icing sugar to 2 cups
Leave a Review