Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x can diced tomatoes
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets
- 250 g prawns
- 2 cups green beans
- 500 g sushi rice
- 1 x chorizo sausage
- 1 x onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tspn paprika
- 7 x saffron stands
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 x red capsicum
1. Put the oven on grill and then place saffron in some foil and toast for 3 minutes.
2. Poor chicken stock and saffron in a large saucepan on high until boiling. Once boiled set aside.
3. Cut chicken into thick cubes and fry on high until brown. Set aside in a bowl.
4. Dice the onion and garlic and cook in the pan with the chicken juices.
5. Separately pan fry the chorizo and prawns, then add beans and capsicum.
6. Add chicken, onion and garlic to pan. Add paprika. can of tomato and rice and stir for 5 minutes.
7. Disperse the mixture evenly over the pan and pour over the saffron infused stock.
8. From this point don’t not disturb the mixture. Cook on high for 10 minutes. Turn heat to medium and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
Note: Use real chicken stock for a more rich flavour. You can use a range of meats instead of chicken such as pork, turkey, fish, scallops and mussels. The recommended pan to use is a Paella pan (large, flat bottomed pan).
Thank you and I hope you enjoy.
Leave a Review
We love paella.Any.