Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x carrot
- 1 x red capsicum
- 2 x celery stalks
- 2 Tbls ketchup manis (an indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 Tbls soy sauce (salt-reduced is best)
- 1 Tbls oyster sauce
- 400 g mince (any kind will do, but a mixture of lean pork and veal works best)
- 8 x lettuce leaves (to serve)
Whip up this dish as a quick mid-week dinner or a speedy lunch! This recipe serves 4, but it can easily be doubled/halved as required.
1. Prepare all of your vegetables, chopping them however you like. My personal preference is to finely dice the capsicum, slice the celery quite thin and use a vegetable peeler to cut ribbons of carrot for a contrast of textures.
2. Fry off the mince over a medium-high heat, before turning down the heat and adding the three sauces.
3. Stir to combine and then mix in vegetables. Feel free to add any other ingredients you have in your fridge or pantry, like bean shoots, chestnuts or mushrooms.
4. Stir for 2-3 minutes and then serve in lettuce leaves.
Leave a Review
Mmm san choy bow is delicious!