Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 splash grapeseed oil
- 300 g brown mushrooms
- 250 g cherry or baby tomatoes
- 1 tspn butter or margarine
- 5 x large eggs
- 1 Tbls each of continental parsley, basil and spring onions, chopped
- 1 pinch freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch (small) chilli flakes
- 80 g reduced fat feta cheese, cubed
- 2 x thick slices, sour dough bread
- 1 handful rocket or baby spinach
Preheat oven to 180C. Place whole cherry tomatoes and mushrooms (if very large, quarter them) onto baking paper lined baking tray. Drizzle oil over mushrooms generously to coat. Season well and roast for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
Meanwhile whisk eggs, herbs, seasoning and chilli flakes with a splash of milk or water until combined. Add to a non stick pan with a teaspoon of butter on the base over medium/high heat and scatter over diced feta cheese. Use a wooden spoon to stir and move the eggs around the pan until just cooked (they’ll continue cooking on the plate).
Serve with buttered toast, roasted vegetables and greens.
Leave a Review
Looks like the perfect big brekkie!
Ow this is my kind of breakfast. Divine.