Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1-2 clove finely diced garlic
- 1 x diced onion
- 6 x short cut bacon, diced
- 6-8 x button mushroom, sliced
- 1 x tin of light evaporated milk
- 4-6 Tbls grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 x egg yolks
- 150-200 g fresh fettuccine
1. Spray a small amount of oil into either a non-stick wok or large fry pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
2. Add the bacon, then the mushrooms, stir-fry until mushrooms are well cooked.
3. Whilst mushrooms are cooking, let a saucepan half full with water come to the boil. Add pasta. Fresh pasta only needs about 2 minutes to cook, once it floats to the surface of the boiling water, poor into a colander to drain.
4.Once mushrooms and bacon are cooked and browned (you might need to add a little bit of water for them to cook through), add evaporated milk. You may want to heat this up in a microwave proof bowl for about 40 seconds in the microwave and turn wok to low. This makes both ingredients roughly the same temperature and the milk won’t burn.
5. Once evaporated milk starts to bubble, add parmesan and stir until melted.
6. Add cooked/drained pasta to other ingredients in wok and stir.
7. Turn wok off, add 1 egg yolk to mixture and mix in, if liquid is still quite runny you may want to add the second egg yolk.
8. Serve with cracked pepper, fresh parsley and add extra parmesan if you like it more cheesey.
Leave a Review
Yes it’s my favourite carbonara recipe, the evaporated milk with an egg just gives it so much more flavour.