Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 250 g tri-color fettuccine pasta
- 1 x small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup red capsicum diced
- 4 x slices prosciutto
- 8 x button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g butternut pumpkin, diced
- 250 g butternut pumpkin, diced (for the sauce)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 x shallots, diced (for the sauce)
- 200 ml thickened cream (for the sauce)
- 50 g butter (for the sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place prosciutto slices on the oven tray and cook for 20-30 minutes or until crisp. Break into bite size pieces.
2. In a pan, add a dash of olive oil and melt half the butter. Sweat the shallots until soft. Add the pumpkin and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cream and further reduce the mixture by half. Stir in the remaining butter. Season. Pass the mixture through a sieve and set aside.
3. In a large non-stick pan, melt 20g of butter and a dash of olive oil on medium-high heat. Sweat all the vegetables until soft. Season.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain. Add the pasta to the the pumpkin sauce. Mix until combined and heated through.
5. To serve, place a swirl of pasta on each plate. Arrange vegetables around and pour over remaining sauce. Sprinkle with prosciutto.
Leave a Review