Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 2 x cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbls ginger
- 1/2-1 x chili
- 400 g chicken breast
- 1 x lemon
- 2 Tbls sesame oil
- 3 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 Tbls oil
- 1 x lettuce
Makes 4 servings:
1. Cut cucumbers lengthwise to quarters and cut out the soft central part. Slice crescents, salt and place in a strainer for 10 minutes- Drain well.
2. Cut the chicken breast to small cubes (½-1 cm).
3. Finely chop the garlic, chilli and ginger.
4. Cut the spring onion into thin rounds, separate the white part and the green part (save the green part for later).
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the white part of the spring onion with garlic, chilli and ginger for 2 minutes
6. Add the chicken cubes and cook 3-4 minutes while separating the meat with a wooden spoon just until it turns white.
7. Add lemon juice, soy and sesame oil, remove from the stove and cool
8. Stack basil leaves evenly, roll up the leaves Into tight bundle and cut thin slices (chiffonnade). Do the same with the mint leaves.
9. Mix herbs with the green part of the onion stalks. Add the cucumber and chicken mixture including liquid and stir.
10. taste and add salt and black pepper to taste.
11. serve on young lettuce leaves.
I prefer using chicken breast and cut it into small cubes, it gives the dish an extra level of texture. But for lack of time or convenience, it is possible to use mince chicken.
This dish is served at room temperature.
Can also be served in rice paper rolls.
Leave a Review