Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 cups dry brown or green lentils - cooked
- 5 x big potatoes with their skin on - cubed
- 3 x middle sized carrots - cubed
- 3 x stalk spring onion - rough sliced
- 100 g firm tofu - cubed and marinated with
- 1/2 tspn indian smoked paprika or liquid smoke
- 1/2 tspn seasalt
- 1 splash sunflower oil
- 1 x package fry's smoked hot dogs cut into small chunks
- 2 x massels beef style stock cubes
- 1/2 tspn chilli powder
- 1 - 1,5 L hot water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 Tbls raw sugar
cook the lentils ahead. When cooked, leave the lentils in its cooking water … use that complete for the stew.
Prepare your potatoes, carrots, springonions and tofu. Marinate the tofu cubes with smoked paprika powder, seasalt and sunflower oil.
Heat some sunflower oil into a big pot and start to fry the marinated tofu cubes until golden brown. Boil some water for the stew with your water cooker —- add the potatoes and carrots to the pot and fry for 3 min — stir well.
Add the spring onion and stock cubes, fry for further 1 min and add the lentils in thier cooking water. Fill in more hot water until the lentils and veggies are slighty covered. Bring it slightly to the boil and turn down the heat to a good simmer.
Add your veggie sausage pieces! Fry’s smoked hot dogs are available at Woolies — cook until the potatoes are done.
Season with the vinegar and sugar, seasalt and chilli powder. I always season not to much with the vinegar and salt, I rather like to add it straight on my plate when served, like back in the time at home
Leave a Review
Should be nice and delicious.
I love this stew — I grew up with it and never got tired of it