Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 6 Tbls brown sugar
- 2 Tbls golden syrup
- 1 x egg
- 1/2 tspn mixed spice (should inclue cloves in the mixture)
- 1 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tspn ground ginger
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 75 g unsalted butter, softened
Makes 30 small cookies, Dough Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes, Dough Resting Time: Minimum of 30 minutes, Cutting Time: 5-10 minutes, Cooking Time: 10 minutes, Overall Time: up to 1hr 10mins
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine butter and sugar.
3. Add egg, beating well after this addition, beat through golden syrup.
4. Sift in dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Let dough sit in the fridge, wrapped in glad-wrap for at least half an hour.
6. Lay the dough out on a floured surface and roll out.
7. Make as many cookies as you can by re-using the scraps squished back together and then rolled out again.
8. Lay the cookies on the prepared tray (option here to add smarties as decorations, etc) and then cook for 10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
9. Decorate with icing, or dust with icing sugar, etc.