Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 4 x middle sized zucchini - cubed
- 1 x middle sized red capsicum - sliced
- 1 x big carrot - sliced
- 2 x celery stalks - cut into small chunks
- 1 x small onion (chopped )
- 1 x big clove of garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbls dry oregano
- 5 sprigs oregano - rough chopped
- 1 x veggie stock cube from massels
- 3/4 x bottle organic passata tomato
- 1/2 x lemon - the juice of
- 1 x knife tip baking soda
- 1/2 tspn coconut or raw sugar
- 3/4 cups firm tofu - fine cubed
- 1/2 tspn dutch cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn indian smoked paprika
- 1 splash olive oil (for frying)
- 1 pinch seasalt for seasoning
- 1 cup long grain rice to serve with
Prepare the tofu. Cut into cubes and marinate with smoked paprika, cinnamon, seasalt and a little splash of olive oil to mix it.
Start to prepare all you veggies, onion and garlic.
Use a frying pan with a lid! Heat some olive oil and start to fry the tofu cubes.
Fry until slightly golden brown.
Add the onion and garlic and fry for a further minute.
Add the zucchini chunks and dry oregano. You also already can add the stock cube! Stir for another minute and stir constantly.
Add the other veggies. Give it a good stir and fry for a further minute.
It is time for the liquid part. Add the passata tomato, a splash of water and the lemon juice. You can give it another splash of olive oil if you like. Season with seasalt and as much chili powder as you like, also half a tsp coconut or raw sugar + small knife tip of baking soda to neutralise the acid in the dish, stir well and ….
… shut the lid. Turn the heat down to a slight simmer and give the veggies approx. 10-15 min.
Turn off the heat, stir well and finish the dish with chopped fresh parsley. Shut the lid again and give it 10 min resting time before you plate up. I served the dish with buttered (Nuttelex sunflower margarine) long grain rice. But this dish also will be perfect with Greek raisinies! Cook the raisinies and spice with margarine, tomato paste and cinnamon.
Leave a Review
Pot of goodness!
At the time I cook a lot with zucchini because they are in season and for offer
Couldnt agree with you more. I am the same whatever is in season is good!
Angela it must taste delicious,but I will add …..little bit of meat.You know me.