Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 kg rump, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 x baby onions, peeled
- 2 x carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 x potato and pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 440 ml guinness beer
- 2 tspn brown sugar
- 2 Tbls oil
- 2 Tbls plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
Measuring cups and spoons
1. Prepare beef: Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Cut beef into 3cm cubes. Season with salt and pepper, add 2 tbspn of oil to large frying pan. Fry over medium heat on stove top till beef is golden.
3. Add meat to casserole dish.
4. Fry vegetables in pan for 2 minutes stir occasionally. Flavour base: Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Pour stock, sauces, brown sugar and beer to pan stir until mix comes to boil. Add to casserole dish.
5. Place in oven for 40 minutes.
To make as a pie:
Grease a Pie dish with non stick spray.
Place 1 pastry sheet over dish.
Add Beef and pastry layer on top.
Trim extra pastry off.
Cook till golden on 180 degrees C. for 20 to 30 minutes.
Leave a Review