Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 100 g champagne leg ham, diced
- 1/2 tspn dried dill
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 x sheets of shortcrust pastry
- 4 x eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup pizza cheese, finely chopped
Serves: up to 8, Prep: 15-20 mins, Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan-forced), and place the pastry sheets in a fluted pan (i.e. a flan pan), and refrigerate for up to 10 mins until firm.
2. Meanwhile mix together the eggs, cream and pizza cheese and put aside.
3. Remove the pan with pastry and blind-bake it in the oven for about 10 mins or until golden brown. If you are not using pastry beads then prick the bottom of the pastry in a few places with a fork.
4. Dice the ham, chop the sun-dried tomatos and toss them in a bowl with the dill.
5. Turn the heat down to 160°C (fan-forced) and pour the ham and tomato mix into the base of the pastry. Cover this with the egg mixture and cook for up to 15 mins, or until the centre is also solid.
Leave a Review
Nell I never cook sun – dried tomato quiche,so I will try this one.Thank you for your recipe.
Thank you for the lovely compliment! ^_^