Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 x brown onion(finely chopped)
- 1 x chorizo ( finely chopped )
- 200 g lean bacon (cut into small pieces )
- 2 x tomato (cut into small pieces )
- 2 Tbls fresh parsley - chopped
- 2 Tbls fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1/2 cup oil, for cooking
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 x napoletana pasta sauce (500 g )
- 1 x lasagne extra cheese sauce (550 g )
- 1 x lasagne bechamel sauce
- 2 x medium carrots(grated on grater on bigger holes)
- 2 Tbls bbq sauce
- 2 -3 x packets of lasagne sheets
- 400 g beef mince
- 400 g pork mince
- 1 x capsicum (any )finely chopped
- 25 g butter ( for grease baking pan )
- 300 g mersey valley cheese (crumbed )
- 1 cup mozzarela cheese (shredded )
1)In pan heat oil on medium heat,add onion,chorizo and bacon and fry all together until onion is lightly golden,leave aside.In same pan cook both mince with 2 tablespoon of oil until lightly brown and separate.Slowly pour in Napoletana sauce and 1/2 cup of water,stir and add parsley,oregano,carrots,capsicum and onion chorizo and bacon back into sauce. Season with salt and pepper.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
2)In separate bowl mix Lasagne Extra Cheese with Lasagne Bechamel make mixture for pasta as well.
3)Lightly grease oven proof dish (25 x 40 cm ) with butter and make thin layer of mince mixture on bottom.Make layer of pasta sheets above the mince mixture,spread over pasta cheese and bechamel mixture,again mince mixture,then pasta sheets,cheese mixture and generously crumbly the Mersey valley cheese on top of cheese mixture.Put another thin layer of mince mixture,then put on pasta sheets again cheese mixture,and Mersey valley cheese.Cover and bake in oven on 180 C approximately 50 minutes or until nice and golden.
PS.You can use on top of it mozzarela cheese instead Mersey valley cheese.
Leave a Review
Delicious. Will make often.