Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 600 g pork mince
- 3 cloves garlic(crushed)
- 1-2 Tbls fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 Tbls light soy sauce
- 3-4 tspn sesame oil
- 4 Tbls vegetable oil
- 3-4 cups chinese cabbage (finely shredded )
- 1 cup fresh green shallots (finely chopped )
- 2 x medium carrots (washed,peeled and cut into matchsticks )
- 1 x can of chestnuts (250 g ) drained ,chopped )
- 4 tspn cornflour
- 3 Tbls water
- 1 x packet of frozen spring rolls pastry sheets thawed
- 1 x oil for fraying
1 ) To make filling combine mince,garlic,ginger,soy sauce and sesame seeds oil in a bowl,mix all well.
2 ) Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in fraying pan over high heat add mince mixture and cook for ….40 minutes.Add ….bit of water,stir and cook until water evaporated.Transfer mince mixture into a bowl,leave to cool.
3 ) In same pan fry on rest of vegetable oil cabbage,shallots,carrots and chestnut.Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until softened,then add into mince mixture,mix well.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
4 ) Place one pastry sheet on a clean working surface with one corner pointing towards you.Brush edges of pastry with cornflour blended with water.Place heaped Tablespoon of filling mixture across the corner closet to you.Fold in both sides and tightly roll up pastry.
5 ) Place the spring rolls on lightly greased baking tray and bake in preheated oven on 190 C 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Serve with your favourite sauce.
Leave a Review
I like spring rolls
Joyce I used pork meat and was very yummy.