Rated 5 out of 5 based on 9 votes
- 24 x chocolate cupcakes
- 200 g milk chocolate (cadbury's)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 125 g unsalted butter( room temperature )
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup water
- 500 g soft icing sugar
- 5 ml raspberry essence
- 5 ml musk essence
- 5 ml pineapple essence
- 10 ml orange blossom water
- 2 x small drop pink colouring
- 1 x small drop yellow colouring
- 2 x small drop blue colouring
- 1 x small drop green colouring
- 1 x packet easter eggs - medium sized
- 1 x packet easter eggs - mini size
- 1 x gold dust
1. Betty Crocker was my saviour today preparing for Easter but feel free to use your own chocolate cupcake recipe!
2. For Chocolate Ganache centre – break Chocolate into even pieces and pour in cream. Mix around and place in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix around again and then put back into microwave for another 30 seconds. This should be enough to melt the chocolate ganache through and place in fridge to cool down.
3. Whip softened butter until pale. Gradually add water into mix and this will turn fluffy. Push the water down the sides of the bowl periodically so its all incorporated.
4. Add half of icing sugar and very slowly beat until mixed in and then add vanilla essence and beat on high until creamy. Then add remaining icing sugar and mix again on a slow speed until mixed through and then beat on high speed until the icing sugar taste disappears. Approx 5 minutes in total.
5. With an apple corer. Remove the centres from the cupcakes with a twisting motion and retrieve centres. (These pieces could be used for cake pops but most times they get eaten before I can think about using them for other purposes!!)
6. Once ganache has set, place mixture into piping bag and pipe into the centres of the cupcakes.
7. Get out 5 bowls and place even amounts of icing mixture in each bowl. Add the raspberry essence into one bowl and mix until colour completely incorporated. In bowl 2, add Green colouring and add Orange Blossom Water. In bowl 3, add Yellow colouring and add pineapple essence. In bowl 4, add Blue colouring and add Musk essence. Lastly in bowl 5 add one drop of Red and Blue essence and raspberry essence.
8. In separate piping bags, pipe frosting on and then add Chocolate centre Easter Eggs and sprinkle with Gold Dust!
**Makes approx 4 dozen mini cupcakes
NB: You can really let your imagination run wild and decorate with any colour/flavour combination.
Tip: The larger eggs are cadbury’s and I bought the smaller ones from Big W.
Leave a Review
Look way too scrumptious to eat. )
I had the honour to try one of these bad boys… ok maybe two delicious is an understatement !!
Musk in a cupcake? Life changing! Where do you get these amazing concepts from? Love the presentation..
Gosh I wish I had’ve seen these before Easter! Oh well, will have to wait for next year…..
Wish it was Easter again……
These were such a treat at Easter Time