Rated 5 out of 5 based on 7 votes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbls pine nuts
- 1 Tbls dried currants
- 1 Tbls vegan margarine
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn allspice
- 1 tspn massel's stock powder (beef style)
- 2 Tbls boiled water
- 1 Tbls fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
• Cook the brown rice in rice cooker. Keep warm.
• Melt the vegan margarine in a pot and add the pine nuts, currants, pepper, allspice and cinnamon. Don’t add the salt just yet as the stock powder adds a little bit of saltiness. Stirring constantly cook them until the currants swell up.
• Mix together the stock powder with boiled water in a small bowl first then add it to the pot along with rice. You might need a little extra moisture here if you think it is too dry but don’t turn it into an Ottoman risotto. This is a pilaf you’re making; not a risotto.
• Add the chopped dill and season to taste –check first. Mix well and serve warm.
Leave a Review
YUM — and great presentation!
Thank you Angela and sorry for the late reply
This looks like a traditional recipe.
It is a traditional recipe with a twist but we love the chewy texture of brown rice and it really works.
This is a Turkish recipe. My grandmother used to make this. it is delicous
Yes it is a Turkish recipe. Thank you