Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1/4 cup water (chocolate crepes)
- 170 g unsalted butter (chocolate crepes)
- 200 g dark chocolate (chocolate crepes)
- 1 1/2 cup flour (chocolate crepes)
- 6 x eggs (chocolate crepes)
- 1/3 cup sugar (caster, raw, whatever you please) (chocolate crepes)
- 1/2 tspn salt (chocolate crepes)
- 1 Tbls vanilla extract (chocolate crepes)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (chocolate crepes)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (peanut butter filling)
- 200 g butter (peanut butter filling)
- 2 cups icing sugar (peanut butter filling)
- 1 pinch salt (peanut butter filling)
- 1 cup nutella (nutella filling)
- 200 g butter (nutella filling)
- 2 cups icing sugar (nutella filling)
- 1 pinch salt (nutella filling)
Heat 1/4 cup of water over the stove and whisk in butter 1 cube at a time until all emulsified. Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate until all melted and incorporated. Set aside momentarily.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, add the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla and whisk till combine, slowly add the milk until a smooth but runny batter forms. Grab the chocolate mixture that’s been cooling and whisk in vigorously until it resembles a delicious chocolate drink. Don’t drink it though, it’s pretty tempting.
Let that baby rest for a couple hours or overnight if you want to make it in advance.
Take a break and watch some trashy daytime television.
Next step, cook the crepe’s spooning a small ladle full in to the pan and swirling to spread. The first will always be a disaster so don’t be disheartened. Also if you make lots of ugly ones, not to fret either, you can hide them in the middle of your cake
I ended up with about 22 crepes (convenient since I was turning 22!) you may have a few more, or a few less, which is fine.
While the crepe’s cool, make the fillings by beating the butter with sugar, salt, and vanilla until fluffy then adding the PB/nutella and beating a few minutes longer until it’s all mixed in and aerated.
Now comes the fun part! Start layering with a crepe first, then alternate layers of PB and nutella filling, allowing one very heaping tablespoon for each layer. Top with a layer of filling or just leave the crepe bare. You can also sprinkle with grated chocolate or cocoa powder. I left mine with PB
Slice, and marvel at the glorious stripes!
Leave a Review
This look absoloutly fabulous. Yum