Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 x celery diced
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 g rash of bacon
- 1 x chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbls grated cheese
- 1/4 tspn chilli paste
- 30 g extra butter
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 x carrot
- 1 x red capsuicm
1. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Chop celery and bacon.
2. Melt butter in saucepan. On medium heat,fry the onions, garlic,celery and bacon until they change colour.
3. Add the rice and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add stock to cube 1 cup of water,mix chilli paste. Add liquid to pan and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until water has evaporated.
6 .Add remaining 1/2 cup of boiling water and the peas,corn and carrot. Cook until water has been absorbed then turn the heat off.
7. Stir though the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve in a bowl………..Enjoy!!!
9. PLUS you can put anything you in the risotto that you like:)