Rated 5 out of 5 based on 7 votes
- 1 1/3 cup cream
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1 tspn vanilla paste
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 2 x egg yolks
- 2 x sheets of puff pastry
1. pre heat oven to 200 degrees
2. Place 1 sheet of puff pastry on flat baking tray top with baking paper and second baking tray on top to prevent pastry from puffing.
3. Cook pastry for 15 minutes, repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
4. When pastry has cooled place in square 23 cm cake tin, trimming to fit
1. Place milk, cream, caster sugar, custard powder, cornflour, vanilla bean paste in heavy based saucepan. Bring to the boil stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Add egg yolks and butter combining well.
2. Pour custard on puff pastry sheet in tin and top with second pastry sheet.
Cool in fridge and cut into squares.
Dust with icing sugar to serve.
tip: To ensure pastry is easy to cut, with a knife gently score pastry to desired squares before assembly.
Leave a Review
I am salivating, looks so good!
Thank you my family love vanilla slice!
Thank you so much. I made your apricot panna cotta yesterday, what an amazing dessert!
They look so delicious!
Looks mouth watering.Very yummy and very soft.
I made this tonight for my family. “OH MY GOD” this is the ‘ONLY’ recipie I will ever ever use ever! belissimo !
It didn’t set .. full stop ..shame
Great tasting slice – i left it in the fridge for 2 hrs to set – perfect.
The best Vanilla slice i have eaten
I made this vanilla slice last night and it is delicious. A new family favorite!