Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 8 x sheets filo pastry
- 6 Tbls melted unsalted butter (or spray oil for a low fat option)
- 1 x 200g tub soft philadelphia cream cheese
- 4 x raw chicken breasts, skinned, cut in strips
- 1 x avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1/2 x red capsicum, cut into strips
- 8 x small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tspn cajun seasoning (can add more flavour depending on taste)
- 2 tspn onion flakes (can add more flavour depending on taste)
1. Preheat oven to 180oC
2. Take 2 sheets of filo pastry. Brush first sheet with melted butter, fold in half from right to left. Repeat with second sheet and place on top of the first folded sheet.
3. Spoon a quarter of the cream cheese into the centre of the pastry to spread into a 10cm round; top with a quarter of the chicken, capsicum, mushroom and avocado (in that order). Sprinkle with a little Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion flakes.
4. Gather pastry over filling to form a pouch; seal and gently frill out edges. Brush edges with butter and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
5. Repeat procedure 3 times.
6. Bake for around 30 minutes or until pastry is very crisp and golden brown.
- The Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion flakes really make this dish tasty as the flavours develop inside the pouch as it cooks.
- You can add more or less of the Cajun, garlic and onion depending on taste.
- You may find you run out and need extra melted butter, this is fine and will not alter the end outcome.
- The time given to make this is including a generous 45 minutes to prepare the pouches – you might be quicker or slower.