Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 3 x potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 x eggplants peeled in stripes and sliced thinly
- 2 x tomatoes sliced thinly
- 6 x sweet peppers cut into 4 cm pieces
- 1/2 cup tomato paste mixed with 2 cups water
- 1/2 kg kilo minced meat
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tspn red paprika
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 1/2 tspn cumin
- 1 x onion, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or stale bread
- 1 x egg
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 1/2 tspn dried mint
1- Mix all the ingredients for the kofte making sure you knead it like you would knead dough for at least five minutes. Make round balls not too thick, the thickness should be half inch thick.
2- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
3- Place a potato followed by eggplant, kofte, tomato and pepper and make sure you have a toothpick going through the center. This way serving will be easy and the ingredients will stay in that position
4- Drizzle the tomato paste mixed with water over and cover with aluminium foil. Bake covered for one hour and uncovered for 20 minutes.
You can serve this with rice (pilav) and plain yogurt.