Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 2 Tbls cooking oil or butter
- 1 x onion (finely chopped)
- 2 x red capsicums - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tspn fresh ginger - crushed
- 1 tspn curry powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbls lemon or lime juice
- 1 tspn cumin powder
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 2 Tbls tumeric powder
- 6 x potatoes - cleaned & cut into quarters
- 4 x ripe tomatoes - chopped
- 800 ml coconut milk (or 2 tins)
- 1 cup water
1. Heat the oil or butter in a large saucepan
2. Add in the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for about 1 minute
3. Add all dry spices (curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala & turmeric) and salt and mix well
4. Over a high heat add the diced chicken and brown. Reduce heat to medium
5. Remove chicken from pot and set aside
6. Add the water to the pot and bring to a slow boil. Add the potatoes and cook them until they begin to become tender
7. Return the chicken to the pot, add capsicum and tomatoes and continue to cook at a low boil. Stir occasionally, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through
8. Add the coconut milk, reduce heat, and gently stir and simmer until sauce is thickened
9. Stir in the lemon juice and add the fresh coriander.
Serve the Kuku Paka with rice and chapati.
* I normally cook this dish using a slow cooker (overnight), just add all the ingredients in together but be careful not to add to much liquid. If anything, omit the cup of water from the recipe.
** The longer you cook the chicken, the more tender it will be. Just ensure it is kept at a low heat.
I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do!
Leave a Review
I love a good curry and this looks delicious
Just needed a 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper perfect.