Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 x lamb shanks
- 1 L chicken stock
- 1 x large leek, sliced and rinsed
- 3 x carrots, halved then sliced
- 1 x large zucchini, halved then sliced
- 4 x large potatoes, large diced
- 1 bunch english spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/2 x green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 x red capsicum, chopped
- 2 x brown onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x tin, diced roma tomatoes
- 4 Tbls tomato paste
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tspn italian herbs
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
In a soup pot brown the shanks and remove to a plate. Add the onion and garlic and gently fry until golden. Put the lamb back into the pot with the stock, bay leaf, Italian herbs and the salt and pepper. Bring the pot to almost boiling point then cook until lamb is falling from the bones.
Remove lamb from the stock and let cool on a plate. Once cool enough to handle remove all meat from the bones and place all back into the pot.
Add everything else to the pot except for the Spinach and the Capsicums then cook until veggies become tender, replacing water as needed. Once veggies are tender add the capsicums and the spinach and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread