Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 2 Tbls plain flour, sifted (extra)
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbls lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped or minced up
Yields 21, prep 5-10 min, cook 10 min, total 15-20 min
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and the sugar and add the flour. Stir to combine.
3. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir through.
4. Add the rosemary and stir through.
5. Roll spoonfuls of dough into ball and place on trays. Flatten slightly.
6. Cook for 10 mins (and no more!) and then put onto a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Review
I love a good shortbread! (it always brings me back to the days of my nanna looking after me as a kid and baking shortbread!) I’ll give this a go next week the addition of lemon and rosemary is not something I’ve tried before
Thank you! It’s very nostalgic for me as well, as it reminds me of sneaking into the kitchen as a little girl to steal shortbread bikkies from those old-timey biscuit tins.
My Nanna still uses those tins today to store her shortbread!