Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 130 g margarine
- 210 g self - raising flour
- 210 g sugar
- 4 Tbls milk
- 2 x eggs
- 4 Tbls lemon zest (outside rind gratted)
- 1 Tbls lemon pulp (the empty juice sacs collected after juicing)
- 8 Tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 Tbls soft icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 165°C-170°C.
2. Grease 20cm x 10cm loaf tin and then line the loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar and beat in eggs.
4. Add the flour, lemon zest and pulp and milk whilst mixing well.
5. Pour the mix into the loaf tin and smooth out the top.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes (as required).
7. Syrup: Whilst the cake is baking, mix the lemon juice and icing sugar thoroughly.
8. After removing the cake from oven, prick the top of the cake at random with a skewer.
9. Pour the lemon juice over the top of the cake while the cake is still hot.
10. Leave the cake to sit until cooled before removing from the tin.
NB: Can serve cake as is, or with whipped cream or soft vanilla ice-cream.