Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 225 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g butter, diced
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 x eggs
- 2 Tbls lemon curd
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan forced oven). Grease and line a loaf tin with a non-stick baking paper.
2. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in 125g sugar. Add the eggs, grated rind and juice of one lemon and 1 tbsp lemon curd to the dry ingredients. Mix together to make a soft consistency.
3. Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 45-55min or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 10min, then lift out onto plate.
4. Peel the remaining lemon with a vegetable peeler and leave the rind to soak in 450ml hot water for 30mins – longer if you have time. Put the water and peel into a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10mins. Add the remaining sugar and bubble for 10mins or until reduced by about one third. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining lemon curd and 1tbsp lemon juice. Allow to cool a little. Pierce the cake several times with a skewer and drizzle the syrup over the cake while it’s warm, then decorate with lemon peel.
Leave a Review
Looks very yummy and soft.
Looks very moist and delicious!