Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed through a sieve
- 1 x red onion, diced
- 2 x red chillis, deseeded and chopped
- 4 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x green capsicum, diced
- 410 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbls tamari soy sauce
- 2 Tbls tomato paste
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 400 g soba noodles or other gluten free spaghetti ie quinoa/rice
- 2 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbls dried porcini mushrooms
1) In a deep saucepan, saute the onion in coconut oil until translucent. Add the capsicum, garlic, chilli, dried porcini mushrooms, and oregano and continue to saute for a further 3 to 4 minutes over low to medium heat.
2) Add the tomato paste and tamari soy sauce, and stir through.
3) Next add the crushed tomatoes, lentils and water and allow to simmer for 30 minutes over a low heat. Watch that the sauce does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
4) In another saucepan cook the pasta you are using following the directions for cooking time on the packet. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse in cool running water.
5) When you are ready to eat, plate up the pasta and top with a generous ladle of the lentil Bolognese sauce. Garnish with flat leaf parsley, and season if desired.
Leave a Review
Courtenay one day I will make it this stile of bolognese spaghetty.Thank you for that recipe.Good luck in cooking.
Healthy and nummy, perfect!