Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 cup soy cream cheese - tofutti
- 1/2 x middle sized onion - chopped
- 2 x gerkins - chopped
- 5 x slices of roasted red peppers
- 3 Tbls sweet paprika powder
- 1 tspn smoked paprika powder
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 splash of the gerkin water
Liptauer cheese ( Zigeunerkäse) is an Austrian product I used to eat when we visited my granny — just with a fresh bun dipped in — YUM. This spread is spicy and I let it up to you if and how much Chilli powder you want to use! Lets get started!
Add Tofutti fresh Cream Cheese (available at Coles and Woolies) into your food processor and add the lemon juice, roasted red peppers, salt, paprika powder and process until creamy. Remove to a bowl and add the chopped onion and gerkins European style sweet and sour — mix well and give it a rest for a couple of hours in your fridge.
Leave a Review
This is one of the most interesting recipes I have ever come across to. Brilliant!