Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 180 g unsalted butter melted gently
- 3 x eggs
- 1 Tbls finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thick vanilla yoghurt
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup self-raising gluten free flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cups icing sugar (pure icing sugar is always gluten free. with icing sugar mixture you need to check the ingredients) (lemon frosting)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (lemon frosting)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds toasted for decoration (lemon frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C .
2. Place the melted butter, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Sift over the gluten free flour and almond meal and stir until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. While the cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
6. To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice.
7. Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm or store in the fridge for the next day.