Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 600 g silken firm tofu
- 300 g minced pork or beef
- 1 Tbls cooking oil
- 2 tspn minced garlic
- 2 Tbls spicy soy bean sauce
- 2 tspn soy sauce
- 2 tspn sugar
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 Tbls cornflour
- 2 Tbls sichuan chilli oil
- 1 tspn ground sichuan pepper
- 1 Tbls chopped spring onions
1. Sliced the tofu into 2cm cubes.
2. Heat a pan of water until it reaches just below boiling point. Add tofu cubes and scald for 2 minutes.
3. Remove, drain and set aside.
4. Heat a tbsp of cooking oil in a wok under medium high heat. Add minced pork or beef until it’s browned and cook.
5. Add garlic and spicy bean sauce and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
6. Reduce heat to medium low heat. Add tofu, soy sauce, sugar and chicken stock. Give it a gentle stir, cover with lid and bring it to a slow simmer.
7. Remove the lid, add the cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water, give it a quick stir until mixture is thicken.
8. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with ground Szechuan pepper and chopped spring onions. Ladle the Chilli oil.
9. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Leave a Review
I added some Shao Xing and water instead of chicken stock. So good!