Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 x eggs (for the sponge base)
- 1 cup caster sugar, (for the sponge base)
- 1 cup plain flour, (for the sponge base)
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 250 g sour cream (i use light sour cream)
- 3/4 -1 cups caster sugar ( for the top)
- 1 handful apricots, diced (i use canned)
- 11/2 Tbls gelatine
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 x aeroplane jelly mango mania 85g
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs until pale in colour and doubled in volume (approx. 7 -10min). While whisking gradually add the sugar. The mixture must increase in volume. Stop beating. Add flour and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Stir in a circular motion from the bottom up until flour is completely mixed in. Put the mixture into prepared greased spring form. Smooth surface. Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
2. Dissolve gelatine in hot water.
3. Using electric mixture beat the mascarpone, sour cream and sugar until fluffy. Add gelatine and continue to beat for few seconds until combined. Add diced apricot and carefully mix in.
4. Pour mixture on top of sponge base. Leave in the refrigerator to set.
5. Decoration: Follow the instructions on the Jelly box to prepare jelly mixture. Place apricot halves on top of the cake and pour ½ of jelly mixture over the cake. Return to refrigerator to set.
Leave a Review
must be delicious.