Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 250 g red cabbage,shredded
- 250 g white cabbage,shredded
- 1 x brown onion (peeled,chopped )
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches caraway seeds(ground)
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 6 tspn stevia or equal
- 370 ml water,for cabbage
- 50 ml water mixed with 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- 1 x bbq chicken,sliced
- 2 kg potatoes
- 1/2 tspn turmeric ( for colour for potatoes )
- 1 tspn salt
- 100 g butter (flora,canola etc...)
- 450 ml milk
- 1 x extra brown onion,chopped
- 1 x small jar popcorn salt,to taste
1) Heat 100 ml oil in saucepan over medium heat add onion and cook until soft.Add both cabbages,salt,caraway seeds,lemon juice,stevia,370 ml water stir,cover with lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the cabbage is soft,but still little bit crunchy.Pour in water with cornflour,make it thicker.Stir and cook until bubbling.Keep stirring.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
2) The potatoes peel and cut into chunky and cook in salty boiled water with turmeric.Cook until very soft,strain add milk and butter and with masher mashed the potatoes.Use electric hand mixer to make smooth mashed potatoes.Taste and season with popcorn salt.
3)Put little bit olive oil on frying pan add extra onion an fry until golden brown,keep stirring.
4) Serve the mashed potatoes on a plate with sliced chicken,cabbage and top the mashed potatoes with golden onion.