Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 x sheets of gluten free puff pastry
- 1 x egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup gluten free beef stock
- 2 Tbls worcestershire sauce
- 2 tspn cornflour
- 1 Tbls mixed herbs
- 1 handful ground pepper
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 x brown onion, grated
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C (fan-forced), and if your pastry is frozen then lay out the two sheets to let them thaw.
2. In a pan, brown the onion in the olive oil, and then add the mince. Brown it.
3. Add the liquids and stir them through, then add the pepper, herbs and cornflour.
4. Mix thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps of cornflour and then simmer until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
5. Put a sheet of baking paper into your pie dish and lay the first sheet in. Press it down against the bottom like you would when lining a cake tin with baking paper, and then pour the mince into the pastry cup.
6. Place the second sheet on top of the other, placing the corners of this sheet where the corners of the first are not – so that it almost looks like an eight pointed star.
7. Fold these pieces together, using a fork on the edges to make sure that they are well sealed. And then using this fork stab several places in the top sheet to allow the steam to escape.
8. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the pie with the egg yolk and then place it into the oven.
9. Cook for twenty minutes, or until pastry appears ready.
Leave a Review
Meat pie is always delicious and yummy.Special when is made at home.
Thank you! XD
You welcome.Good luck in cooking.