Rated 3.67 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 kg beef blade roast
- 1 x 820g can of condensed tomato soup
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 x brown onion diced
- 3 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 x medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 x carrots, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 x red capsicum, sliced
- 1 Tbls light soy sauce
- 2 Tbls rice bran oil
- 2 x dried bay leaves
- 1 Tbls whole black pepper
- 1 Tbls sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Season the meat. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Sear the meat on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large ovenproof saucepan (except for potatoes and peas). Add the meat.Cover and cook in the oven for 4 hours, or until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and peas 30 minutes before taking out of the oven.
3. When potatoes are soft, remove from oven and serve with rice.
Beef Mechado is a popular dish in the Philippines. It is a slow cooked beef braised in a tomato-based sauce.
Leave a Review
Sarah that looks delicious and will try it on day for sure.Thank you for the beautiful recipe.We will love it.
Easy yet delicious, and can be visually presented to make the cook look like a pro!
I’m giving this 5 stars but only one appears. Sorry!