Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 x carrot - cubed
- 1 x cellery stalk - cubed
- 1 x zucchini - cubed
- 1 x small sweet potato - cubed
- 2 x small potatoes - cubed
- 1/2 x green capsicum/pepper - cubed
- 1 cup or tin x kidney beans
- 3-4 cups or tins x brown lentils
- 2 x veggie stock cubes
- 4 fresh sprigs mayoram - chopped
- 5 fresh sprigs oregano - chopped
- 1 tin x diced tomatoes
- 1 good splash of olive oil
- 1 x package vegetarian hot dogs
- 1 tspn chili flakes
Start to prepare all your veggies.
Heat some Sunflower Oil and start to fry the sweet potato, potato, carrot, zucchini …
… add the leek and cellery. Stir well whilst frying. Fry for about 5 min.
Now add the fresh chopped herbs and tomatoes.
Fill up with water until everything is slightly covered. Add the veggie stock cubes and lentils + beans. Season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes, apple cider vinegar and sugar. Let it simmer on low heat until the veggies are done. That should take approx 20 to 25 min. When ready, turn off the heat and give it a rest of 15 min.
Fry any kind of veggie sausage and add to the soup. I used a tomato/basil falvoured veggie sausage from Coles (at the veggie section for 4,50 Au$)
Also serve with your favorite bread — Turkish bread works pretty good with that soup!
ENJOY my delicous Lentil-Stew!
Leave a Review
Minnestrone also is a great stew, love it. I think I will upload my recipe for that as well — thanks for your feedback Gillian