Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 tspn mexican chilli powder
- 2 tspn dried oregano
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast, cubed (or 12 chicken drumsticks)
- 1 x red onion, medium, quartered and finely sliced
- 1 x red capsicum, chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 375 g thick and chunky elpaso tomato salsa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g kidney beans
- 2 Tbls fresh coriander, to garnish
- 6 x slices bountain bread or tortilla's, sliced into triangles (tortilla chips)
- 3 tspn italian herbs (tortilla chips)
- 1 1/2 tspn smokey paprika (tortilla chips)
- 3/4 tspn dried garlic (tortilla chips)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Combine the chilli powder, oregano, ground coriander and garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Add the chicken and rub the spices all over until thoroughly combined.
Heat the remaining oil on a medium heat in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the chicken in batches and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and add all the chicken into the dish.
Add the onion, capsicum, tomato, salsa, beans and stock to the pan and turn to coat the chicken.
Bake for 45 – 50 minutes turning the chicken halfway through cooking.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with rice, sour cream, sweet chilli and tortilla chips.
Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
Place the triangles of bread onto a lined baking tray.
Spray with oil over the tops of the bread.
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the bread evenly.
Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
Leave a Review
Yum! looks fantastic, Mexican flavors really are the best!