Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 x boneless beef roast
- 4 Tbls oil
- 1 x onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x can of diced tomatoes 400 gm
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 x few sliced jalapenos from a jar
- 1/2 tspn parsley
- 2 tspn chili powder
- 1 1/2 tspn cumin
- 1/2 tspn cayenne
- 1/2 tspn paprika
- 1/2 tspn oregano
- 1 x red capsicum (sid's salsa)
- 1 x onion (sid's salsa)
- 4 x medium size tomatoes (sid's salsa)
- 400 g can of peeled tomatoes (sid's salsa)
- 1 Tbls tomato paste (sid's salsa)
- 2 Tbls cumin (sid's salsa)
- 1 Tbls italian spice (oregano, dried basil, thyme) (sid's salsa)
- 6 x jalapenos from the jar (sid's salsa)
In a large, heavy pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the beef roast liberally with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, add the roast to the pan and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Pop the roast on a plate, leave the juices and oil in pan.
Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir garlic into pan. After another 30 seconds to 1 minute, place beef back in the pot and add spices. To this add the can of tomatoes and beef stock. The liquid should come up half way around the meat. Pop the lid on and simmer.
Cook on a low heat for 6 – 8 hours. Check on the beef and keep pouring the sauce over the meat. You can take the lid off for the last half an hour so that the sauce thickens. The beef should be tender enough to easily pull apart with forks. Decorate with fresh coriander.
When serving you will need a packet or Tortillas, some salad vegetables like my baby qukes and tomato salad. Sour cream or salsa is also a great ingredient.
I’ll post our salsa recipe soon.
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Leave a Review
Pulled beef! Yum, yum, yum!