Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x onion, finely diced
- 1 x carrot, peeled, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 2 x sticks celery, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 1/2 x red capsicum, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 1/2 x green capsicum, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 1 x large zucchini, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 1 cup peeled, chopped 1 cm cubes sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g tin red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 30 g packet salt reduced taco seasoning
- 3 x green shallots, finely sliced - to garnish
- 6 x free-range eggs
- 6 x slices mountain bread or tortilla's, sliced into triangles (tortilla chips)
- 3 tspn italian herbs (tortilla chips)
- 1 1/2 tspn smokey paprika (tortilla chips)
- 3/4 tspn dried garlic (tortilla chips)
In a large pan over a medium heat drizzle a little olive oil. Add the onion, carrot, celery, capsicum, zucchini and sweet potato.
Saute for 7-10 minutes until all vegetables have softened.
Add the garlic and taco seasoning and saute for a further minute until fragrant.
Add in the kidney beans, water and crushed tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes on low.
Make divets into the casserole mixture and crack in the eggs around the edge and in the center of the mixture. Place a lid onto the pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the white of the egg has cooked through.
Remove the lid of the pan and sprinkle with the green shallots.
Preheat an over to 180 degrees celcius. Line a large cookie tray with baking paper.
Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
Place the triangles of bread onto a lined baking tray.
Spray with oil over the tops of the bread.
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the bread evenly.
Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, grated cheese and sweet chilli sauce.