Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 500 g minced beef
- 1/2 x red onion, diced
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, chopped
- 1 x small red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 30 g sachet taco spice mix
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbls rice bran oil or any cooking oil
- 8 x iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic and chilli for 1-2 minutes until aromatic. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince. Add the spice mix and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the coriander leaves. Spoon the mixture evenly among lettuce cups. Serve with lime wedges and Greek yoghurt.
*To make the Greek yoghurt, sprinkle with a large pinch of cayenne pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
*These are soooo delicious! No taco shells…use lettuce leaves! It gives that refreshing taste, especially with the addition of the Greek yoghurt sprinkled with cayenne pepper. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and It’s budget friendly too!
Leave a Review
Delicious & refreshing!!
Another easy and delicious recipe! I didn’t add chilli to make it kid friendly. Everyone enjoyed it and will be making this again soon!