Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 25 g pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 x small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x leek, pale section only, chopped
- 1 x small carrot, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 x celery stalks - chopped
- 250 g savoy cabbage, hard core removed, shredded into 1cm thick slices
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh borlotti beans
- 1 x potato, peeled cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 x small zucchini, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 x tomato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 5 cups brodo
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
Heat oil and half of butter in a large saucepan on medium. Add pancetta and onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins, until onion softens.
Stir in leek, carrot and celery. Cook for 2 mins, until leek softens. Stir in cabbage, peas, beans, potato, zucchini and tomato. Cook for 5 mins, until tender. Season. Add brodo and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and cook for 14 mins, until rice is tender. Season to taste.
Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter.
Serve topped with parsley, cheese and extra oil.
In each serve: 1328 kilojoules, 11g protein, 18g total fat (5g sat fat), 26g carbohydrate (6g sugar), 5g fibre, 593mg sodium.
Tip: This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Cool to room temperature, place in an airtight container and then freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Leave a Review
Luca,Luca that is so beautiful.You make me hungry.
Great vegetable soup!