Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 400 g borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x brown onion diced
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- 1 x small bunch of sage, chopped
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 L chicken stock, gluten free
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 x desiree potato, peeled and diced
- 3 x carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 x celery stalks, diced
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbls diced tomatoes
Serves: up to 10, Prep: 35-40 mins, Cook: 5 mins, Simmer: 45 mins
1. Prepare all of the vegetables and set aside, and then tip the pancetta and the onion into a soup pot along with the sage and olive oil.
2. Cook these up until the onion is nicely browned, and then add the vegetables in. Stir them around and then add the liquids, that is the stock and tomato, and the bay leaves.
3. Bring this mix to the boil and then reduce the temperature and simmer for forty minutes. After forty minutes is up, add the beans and simmer for another five.
4. Remove the bay leaves and serve with warm, crusty bread.
Leave a Review
Minestrone is always good at winter time.
It definitely is! ^_^