Rated 4.9 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 2 x chicken breast fillets
- 1 x egg beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 Tbls continental parsley - chopped
- 1 Tbls grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 x middle bacon rashers, sliced thinly
- 10 x button mushrooms, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tspn corn flour
- 1 tspn water
- 2 x avocados, stone removed, diced
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Pound the chicken breast fillets until about 1cm thick, then cut each into 3 strips. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl. Combine the panko crumbs, parsley and parmesan cheese on a large plate. Toss the chicken in the flour to coat. Shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the crumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until light golden. Place in a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the same fry pan used to cook the chicken over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring often for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden. Add the mushroom and cook stirring for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and water. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce reduces slightly.
4. Combine the corn flour and water and add to the sauce, stirring. Cook for a further minute.
5. Make side salad: Dice the avocado into cubes, quarter the tomatoes, crumble feta over the top. Season with salt and dress with small amount of olive oil.
6. Divide chicken, sauce and salad among serving plates.
This recipe is very easy and the kids can get involved in peeling and slicing mushrooms and pulling parsley leaves off the stalks and chopping.
Leave a Review
What a great twist on chicken schnitzels! We all loved the mushroom and bacon sauce and the avocado salad on the side.
I love this dish
Nice looking and must be delicious as well.
Sounds and looks flavoursome:-)
Yum! Yum! Yum! I love crumbed chicken and this makes my mouth water!