Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 3 x jars of shitake mushrooms (aldi 250g each jar)
- 3-4 pinches herbs and garlic seasoning ( iga )
- 1 Tbls fresh green shallots (finely chopped )
- 1 x brown onion (peeled,chopped )
- 1-2 clove garlic(crushed)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 L good vegetable stock
- 1 pinch turmeric seasoning ( for color for rice )
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 3 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1 x freshly ground black pepper
1) Heat stock in a saucepan,heat a large frying pan over medium heat add oil,onion and garlic and cook until onion is softer.Add rice,stir add stock,turmeric and season with herbs.Cook until liquid evaporated or until rice is soft.Add chopped mushrooms,shallots stir and taste,if anything need to be added.
2) Serve on a plate on its own or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
PS.If need more stock,add it.
This risotto is very easy,cheap and delicious.
Leave a Review
Thank you Angela.That risotto is very quick and come tasty.
I love mushroom risotto!
Sarah we are not vegetarians,so I don’t have much recipes like that,but this risotto was nice.I cooked my way.And thank you for voting.