Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tspn gluten free baking powder
- 3 x eggs
- 1 tspn sugar-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups lactose free milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbls coconut oil, melted
Makes 10 pikelets, prep time 5 min, cook time 10-15 mins (depending on the size of your pan and how many you can comfortably cook), overall 15-20 mins
1. Heat a pan and use coconut oil for dairy-free greasing.
2. Combine wet ingredients and then mix the coconut flour and baking powder through very thoroughly to avoid getting any lumps.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, but expect to have difficulties turning them so be prepared to cook no more than three at a time.
4. Place on a plate and eat while hot with sugar-free, gluten-free toppings or with butter or icing sugar.
NOTE: Snjezana Demo has made this recipe with coconut milk and said it stuck together much, much better. Also please do check out her profile, and all credit for this suggestion goes to her.
Leave a Review
Thanks Nell, I’m getting the hang of coconut flour baking and these look great!
You’re welcome! It’s a very rewarding flour to use. ^_^
I don’t mind at all! ^_^ It’s a lovely compliment, and an even better idea. It definitely makes them dairy free as well so it’s a marvellous idea! ^_^