Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 x octopus (500 - 750 gram each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x bay leaf
- 3/4 tspn cumin seeds
1. Try to buy the octopus prepared otherwise cut the eyes and mouth out. Remove the ink sac and internal bone. Put each octopus on a board and beat well to break up the fibres and make the meat more tender.
2. Wash them in running water until they are very white. DO NOT dry and put in a casserole dish.
3. Add combined oil, garlic bay leaf and cumin seeds.
4. Cover the dish tightly with foil tied around the top with string.
5. Put the dish in oven at low heat (160 oC) for 1 – 2 hours depending on size of octopus.
You can also use baby octopus or squid.
Leave a Review
We have some octopus here in the Bay, but haven’t yet found the recipes I wanted to try. Our cumin is still small and leafy, but I am keen to have a great recipe to try both our forraged octopus and fresh home grown cumin and here you have inspired me. Thnx!