Rated 4.69 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 4 x chicken thigh fillets, approx 500g, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 3 x middle bacon rashers, diced
- 300 g button mushrooms, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 x red capsicum, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 x red onion, sliced finely
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbls tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 x packet fresh lasagne sheets
1. Prepare all ingredients as per ingredient listing above.
2. Place chicken and plain flour in a bag and shake to coat.
3. Heat olive oil in a heavy based fry pan over high heat. Add chicken in batches, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove from pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon to pan and cook for a few minutes, then add onion and capsicum to pan and cook until onion turns translucent.. Next add mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook stirring for a futher 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato paste to pan and cook stirring for one minute.
6. Return chicken to pan. Increase heat to high and add the wine. Let wine reduce slightly.
7. Add chicken stock to pan. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat so mixture is simmering. Place lid on pan and simmer for half an hour stirring occassionally.
8. Remove lid and add olives. Let simmer, with lid off for a further 10-15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, heat some water in a large saucepan. Salt water to taste.
10. Open packet of lasagne sheets and remove 6 from packet. Cut each sheet in half. Place lasagne sheets in boiling water and cook for a minute. Remove.
11. To serve place a lasagne sheet on plate and top with some of the chicken mixture, place another lasagne sheet on top of mixture and then some more mixture. Finish with a lasagne sheet, some sauce and garnish with some basil leaves and some fresh chilli!
Note: This recipe serves 4. Bon Appetit!!
You can use leeks in replace of onion and a can of tin tomatoes instead of tomato paste.
Leave a Review
I made this for a dinner party last night- it was so quick and easy. Everyone really enjoyed it!
Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Looks really delicious, Carole.
This looks really nice. Sounds simple and the ingredients are family favourites. I will definitely try making this.
Thanks Filomena, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
I love chicken cacciatore and lasagne and loved this dish. Very yummy. My husband loved it.
Thanks Rose P, I’m glad you enjoyed it!
A friend just emailed me this recipe because she made it for dinner. It was really good. I am going to try it this weekend.
Easy weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy it Maree D.
Easy to prepare. Tasted great.
This was delicious and packed full of flavour.
This is such an easy dish to make and tastes great! Thanks for the recipe!